Whether they are green or black, whether it is breakfast, lunch, dinner or a snack you will find me with these bad boys by the name avocados. I like to call them “avos”. Did you know that an avocado is a berry with a single seed or that it is also named the ‘alligator pear’, interesting right? Well I am not here to bombard with the technical nomenclature of these amazing fruits that I have grown to love and cannot go without for long periods of time. The great thing that got me hooked onto these rich green, sometimes black fruits are that I can have them any time of the day with any meal and however I wish. Wait those are not the only reasons I love and enjoy eating them to and there are so many ways to prepare avocados or how to have them.
Below I will share with you some of the benefits that avocados have:
- Avocados are super easy to prepare and to incorporate in virtually any meal. They can even be eaten as a snack, used as a spread etc. The internet is a good place to get ides of how to prepare and serve them differently. In addition I find them really tasty; I can’t have enough of them. There are best served raw in my opinion, I know of some who bake it with an egg in the centre. I have to admit it looks tasty, I am still yet to give it a shot.
- Avocados are one of the most calorific plants around; they come loaded with healthy fats (about 77% of the avocado is that healthy fat). For those looking to bulk, watching their macros, this will make you hit your calories targets easily. Having all those fats, they still don’t have any cholesterol!
- There are also packed with fibre and potassium. Some studies and scientific research with proof conclude that they have more potassium than bananas. You will know how vital potassium and fibre is to our bodies for weight loss, digestion and metabolic health.
- Avocados are so nutritious, packed with vital nutrients the body needs, they have been linked with reduced blood pressure and help in preventing numerous cancers. The ‘avo’ achieves this by regulating the insulin levels in the body
- Avocados can also be used on the skin! This goes on to show of the immense benefits that this fruit can give to the human race if used accordingly.
I want to conclude this short article with a scripture, God is the giver of life and he sustains that life that he has given us. God being so loving and not a forceful God has given us the life and it is then left to us to decide how or what we do with the gift of life he has given us. In Hosea 4:6 tells us that people perish for the lack of knowledge and have rejected knowledge, so a bit of knowledge on the benefits of some food can be the difference. In no way am I saying we can sustain ourselves but we surely make healthy choices a step at a time to enjoy these lives better and healthier.
Lastly the Apostle Paul in the third letter to John wishes us well: 3 John 1: 2 “Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as you soul is getting along well”