You can whip up this easy vegetable bake with just a few store cupboard staples - perfect for a laid-back supper. This dish will definitely be making it into your regular rotation from now on once you try it. Its a simple mixture of some of my favoutites, White sweet potato, squash, chickpea and couscous.
- Chop the ingredients
- Put the chopped sweet potato and butternut in a sauce full of water (and salt to taste) and then bring to boil. Boil until they are 1/2 cooked
- Throw away the remaining water and pour the 1/2 boiled ingredients into a pre-oiled baking tray
- Low heat fry the ginger and carrot together. When the carrots are 1/3 cooked, and the ginger aroma is now in the room, then add the tomato. Stir for a while and then add the chickpeas, giant couscous, herbs, seasoning and salt. Stir for a while and then add the water (your water should not be 2 times above your stew- hopefully that makes sense)
- Leave the stew to boil for about 2 minutes and then add it to the 1/2 boiled sweet potato and butternut (hopefully by now, the stew would have thickened a bit and not vanished). Mix the stew and the boiled ingredients together
- Bake the dish for about 25- 40 minutes (all depends with how cooked you want your butternut to be) @ 180 degrees
- For serving: Take a handful of mixed leaf vegetables. Place them in a plate. Add some chopped beetroot on top.
- Add your baked vegetables on top
- Sprinkle your chia seed (or even pine nuts or raisins) on top. Add a sprinkle of beetroot juice (mashed or crushed) on top
- Eat as desired